Leeds Music Club
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data - what is it?Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
From May 2018 the processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
2. Who are we?Leeds Music Club is the data controller. This means it decides how personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?Leeds Music Club complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Leeds Music Club uses personal data for the following purposes:-
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?The GDPR states that explicit consent of the data subject is required so that Leeds Music Club can keep its members informed of news, events, and activities of Leeds Music Club.
5. Sharing your personal dataPersonal data will be treated as strictly confidential. Leeds Music Club will never share personal data with third parties without your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?Leeds Music Club keeps personal data for as long as you remain a member of the Club.
7. Your rights and your personal dataUnless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
the right to request a copy of the personal data which Leeds Music Club holds about you;
the right to request that Leeds Music Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
the right to request that your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for Leeds Music Club to retain such data;
the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction be placed on further processing;
the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processingIf Leeds Music Club wishes to use members’ personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then Leeds Music Club will provide members with a new notice explaining this new use, prior to commencing the processing, and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
9. Contact detailsTo exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in the first instance please contact the Leeds Music Club Secretary.